J Pagona aka Y.B.

Default Next plane purchase--next 2 plane purchases?

There's plenty of ways you can go, depending upon what you want to do. There
have already been some good examples listed, here are some mo
-Side rabbet planes. I have the LN 98/99 set. I don't use them everyday or
even every week, but they are extremely handy when I do use them.
-Router plane like a Stanley 71.
-Jointer plane. I use my No.6 for jointing boards up to 2', but for longer
boards the No.7 and No. 8 are nice.
-Scrub plane, either old Stanley or LN. When you need to remove a lot of wood
quickly...
-I have a Veritas 4 1/2 wide smoother that I really like.
-As Andy mentioned, any of the Veritas spokeshaves will serve you well.

There's also molding planes, plow planes, fillesters, rabbet planes,
combination planes, hollows and rounds...

Oh BTW, nice drive by on the MF Buck Rogers plane. I want one of those to go
with my BR brace and hack saw.

David