Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Back off" fully opened faucet?

When I was a kid (quoting Moses, or Aristotle, or my Dad, one of
these.) We backed off half a turn. The next guy might not know if the
fuacet was on or off. Might not know right or left. But, if the faucet
is all the way open minus half tun. If he turns the faucet the wrong
way, it's got half a turn of travel. So, the next guy knows it's not
locked up shaft. Anyhow, that's worked well for me.

My condolences to the poster whose inlaws crank valves tight enough to
crush the faucet washer. That's no fun.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus