Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Lidl Compressor

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 00:22:49 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Lamb
saying something like:

I use Griflex. Flow/pressure is an issue on long pipe runs.

http://www.dolphin-products.nl/pdf/g...view_final.pdf

Interestingly, I see the clear braided PVC is actually rated for airline
use. I've often seen it used for that, but never trusted it, as it
usually seems on the verge of bursting.

I thought it (PVC) wasn't preferred over rubber because of how stiff
it goes when cold?

I might take a toddle over to my nearest HGV breaker or workshop and see
if there are any coiled trailer hoses going cheap/free. I think they
often get chucked while there's still plenty of life in them for other
uses.

I think I'd chuck them away when new! Two of my compressors came with
orange 'plastic' spirally hoses and I stopped using them pretty well
straight away as they were forever pulling the tool back and getting
tangled up. I dare say there are good and bad examples etc.

I replaced the one on my little portable compressor with some very
light and flexible high pressure fuel injection hose (black nitrile
rubber) as it was rated at 145 psi (435 burst) and in keeping with
that sort of role (the hose coils up like a mains lead).

I might treat myself to one of those recoiling wall mounted things,
when I plumb in the workshop. ;-)

Cheers, T i m