Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default San Bruno go boom!

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , DD_BobK wrote:
On Sep 11, 10:00=A0pm, "Pete C." wrote:
DGDevin wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
nster.com...

I expect you'll consider the NFPA a reputable source.

I'm still waiting for you to back up your claim that nearly every day a
house blows up because of a natural gas leak, because in case you didn'=

notice the stats you just linked to discuss fires, not explosions, and =

they
point to cooking fires as the leading cause.

Apparently you didn't read those reports, or you just want to play
stupid. Those reports clearly indicate residential fires originating
from Net. Gas (and LP gas), at a rate of 6.6 pre *day* for nat. gas
alone, over 10 per *day* when you add the LP gas stats. And no, that are
not cooking fires, they are gas leak fires, often associated with
kitchens since that is a common gas appliance location. The NFPA reports
clearly support my claim.

Your claim was

- People laugh at me when I say Nat. Gas is *not* safe and should not =

be
allowed in residential areas, yet nearly every day there is a house
explosion due to a nat. gas leak, and every year or two a big incident
like this one. I recall an apartment building in the northeast (NJ?)
being leveled by one of these nat. gas transmission lines exploding
under it.

your supplied data does not support it.

Of course it doesn't. And of course people laugh at him for it. He's obsessed
with the idea that natural gas is horribly dangerous, and claims that
electricity is much safer. It's not. *Far* more people die every year in fires
caused by faulty wiring than die from any causes related to natural gas. I
posted links to the numbers the last time he started ranting about this
particular obsession, probably about six months ago.

Sorry, but you are simply wrong. 6.6 nat. gas residential fires /
explosions per *day* is simply unacceptable.