Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Kenefick Michael Kenefick is offline

Default Interesting yard sale

any pics?

On 09/11/2010 11:03 PM, Steve B wrote:
Today, I went to a yard sale that was quite interesting. The man was 70 if
he was a day, yet very sharp. I needed a pulley for my cement mixer, and he
had some, but not the one I needed.

"Wait, wait, I've got a drawer full back here." So we went back there to a
shop with at least a 75 square foot perfectly level Rockwell table saw and
all the goodies one can imagine an old cabinetmaker would have. He opened a
drawer, and selected a pulley that was right for the task. $2. Cast steel,
probably at least $20 in town 25 miles distant. So now my mixer is ready
for cement.

Out front, was a belt sander the likes of which I have never seen before.
It had been altered, and was six feet long. Mounted to a tabletop with a
fence so he could belt sand six foot lengths. Just amazing.

He had lots of other goodies, and I managed to spend $30, picking up some
actually modern usable tools, and a shifting spanner, and a Stillson wrench
in incredibly good shape with the pivotal pinned jaw.

It's nice to meet people like Cliff, and spend a little time.

Steve