Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.hvac
jake jake is offline

Default Carrier/Bryant heat exchanger class action

On Sep 3, 9:55*pm, HVAC Guy wrote:
I'm re-posting this to alt.hvac

Dan Lanciani wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck getting service under this
class action settlement. *I have a 350MAV060120 AAKA furnace which
started giving problems in early spring. *It came with a lifetime
parts warranty on the heat exchangers and my understanding is that
this settlement added a 20 year labor warranty. *My service tech
had a fairly simple (~3 page) form to fill out with the results of
some tests (e.g., CO in the exhaust was off the scale) and I thought
this would be simple, but he has been going round with Bryant for
months now with no useful results. *(Oddly they did not ask for
the pressure drop across the heat exchanger--it's about double the
nominal value.)

The last thing he said they sent was a new 17 page form that also
requests pictures (requiring the furnace to be disassembled before
they will send a replacement). *He says they also say that if when
they get the heat exchanger back it does not have the type of failure
discussed in the settlement it will not be covered. *They aren't
talking about covering labor either.

Seems to me that Bryant is trying to use the class action
settlement to narrow rather than expand the coverage. *Obviously
the original lifetime warranty wasn't restricted to failures
contemplated by the later class action.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan Lanciani
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ddl@danlan.*com- Hide quoted text -

Must you?