Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default More on light bulbs ...

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:50:21 +0100 someone who may be "Arfa Daily"
wrote this:-

It wasn't me who came up with those figures.

But you were happy to quote them ...

Yes, and I'm happy to do so. However, your criticism, such as it
was, should be directed to David JC MacKay rather than me.

I'm sure that there are figures out there, but it is doubtful whether any
would actually be *truly* accurate,

All well researched sets of figures will tell one the limits of
confidence one can have in the figures. Just about all research says
that more research is needed to make it more accurate.

But that's still millions and millions being collected in to subsidise a
substitute technology that has not, despite what you think and say, been
well received over the last 30 years by the general public at large.

There are plenty of surveys looking at public opinion, such as
http://www.bwea.com/media/news/goodneighbours.html

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54