Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default The good ole days?

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:37:39 +0100, Terry Casey
wrote:

I've still got a 6L kicking around somewhere - looks identical to the 5L
(and probably is).

I have a manual that seems to cover the 5 and 6L so I think you are
right.

This had a pick up problem when the paper reservoir got low but was fine
if you kept plenty of paper in it.

Yup, per my mates 5L.

Trouble was, of course, that it takes so few sheets to fill it that you
had to top it up qite frequently if you were using it a lot ...

Indeed.

I fitted the new pickup roller and separator pad yesterday and then
encountered a new paper feed problem. It seemed to pickup and separate
ok but also may have seemed slow to pickup in the first place and
generally hung / (timed out?) as the paper was still in the initial
feeder area. However, the odd sheet also went though ok (although ...
may have been printed a bit low (stuff missing off the top, suggesting
a delay somewhere)).

Running the thing with the lid off and toner cartridge out did suggest
is was sticking within the first feed area and long story short I
replaced the spring that came on the new separator heel plate with the
original (lighter) one and it seemed to be much better.

Now it feeds reliably but is a bit skewed.

I might leave the new pickup roller in but try the old separator
plate, once I've livened up the rubber a bit (the new strip is quite
rubbery and old one quite hard). I could also put the original side
pads back in etc.

Cheers, T i m