Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default San Bruno go boom!

On Sep 11, 10:07*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
*Gary H wrote:

nor is electric depending on
the generation source.

That (less polluting source) is likely to be unavailable to you. Most
electricity is made from coal.

* *Natural gas is the most widely used less polluting source of
electricity.

Nuclear is also a significant percentage of our "green" power
generation.

At any rate, I never said that nat. gas shouldn't be used in carefully
controlled industrial applications like power generation, I said it
should not be used in residential applications, or at the very least gas
detectors should be mandatory just like CO detectors.

Pete-

You're clearly WAY out of your depth.

How do you suggest we heat the homes now currently being served by
natural gas?
Switch them all over to propane? Wood pellets?

btw natural gas is way too valuable a resource to use for generating
electricity, think chemical feedstock.

The average human already comes with a residential natural gas ......
their nose.
CO is odorless & colorless, that's why CO detectors make more sense
(but examining one's thumb nail color will do in a pinch)

cheers
Bob