Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default San Bruno go boom!

DGDevin wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

I expect you'll consider the NFPA a reputable source.

I'm still waiting for you to back up your claim that nearly every day a
house blows up because of a natural gas leak, because in case you didn't
notice the stats you just linked to discuss fires, not explosions, and they
point to cooking fires as the leading cause.

Apparently you didn't read those reports, or you just want to play
stupid. Those reports clearly indicate residential fires originating
from Net. Gas (and LP gas), at a rate of 6.6 pre *day* for nat. gas
alone, over 10 per *day* when you add the LP gas stats. And no, that are
not cooking fires, they are gas leak fires, often associated with
kitchens since that is a common gas appliance location. The NFPA reports
clearly support my claim.