Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default "Cheap" paint

On 9/11/10 10:48 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Sep 11, 9:53 pm, (Robert Bonomi) wrote:
In ,

Lew wrote:

wrote:

Poplar!
AKA American Whitewood

OK, what's that green stuff in Poplar?

An experiment gone wrong. Somebody grafted some output from the Treasury's
Bureau of Printing on to a sapling, to attempt to disprove the "poplar
adage" that 'money doesn't grrow on trees.' Seems like the coloration
'took', but the patterns were distored beyond recognition.

Actually, the green patine is formed by a poplar tree growing next to
other vegetation, like the kind that can climb walls. It makes a
poplar green with ivy.

groooooooooan HORRIBLE!

--

-MIKE-