Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Nearly on topic, attaching Buna-N rubber to polyurethane

Wes wrote:
"Buerste" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
I have some 95A polyurethane grippers that are not holding on to
the part we are attaching
fasteners to reliably. I want to take some .125" thick 60A (shore)
Buna-N rubber sheet
and glue it to the grippers. Currently I'm thinking of something
like Gorilla Glue but
I'm way open to suggestions. Fast cure time and not being
something that gets the msds
readers upset is a plus.

Wes
--

I was a skeptic before I became a cynic.

Contact cement, the stuff that will kill you works best.

I'm going to try contact cement first. I picked up a can at a local
hardware store today. It has kidney failure warnings so it has to be
good

Before I posted I thought of:

3M #2001 Yellow death.

(not a current partnumber but it stuck to everything and I'm out of
it after 30 years, that stuff was awesome. I *think* the current
Description and PN is Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive, 8001,
Yellow, 5 oz Tube)

I guess I'll find out Monday.

Wes

Also known as Gorilla Snot . Mighty sticky stuff .

--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist