Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Expansion Joint Question

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:49:40 -0400, (Bob) wrote:

The expansion joint where the driveway meets the front of the garage has
deteriorated. Both are over 35 years old.

My plan is to slightly grind down what is left of the joint then fill
it. My question is, what should I use to fill the joint? There are also
some gaps in the joint.

Not sure why you would consider using a grinder? Can it be trimmed
down with a utility knife? A urethane caulk would certainly seal out
water, snow, etc.

I live in Upstate N.Y. and would like to do this before the harsh
weather comes in. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Bob

I lived in the Adirondack Mountains. Roads would freeze, crack and
heave in the seasons. The road crews closed the cracks with a liquid
tar type substance.