Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Soda Blasting?

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 09:32:00 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

I can't even do hose-bib-connected _drip_ irrigation without
additional licensing, if you can believe that. Suckage.

Having done nearly all my (and my friends' and family's) electrical,
plumbing, irrigation, and building since about age 6, I resent that.

If I recall, you are in Oregon. We have the same kind of rules in Mass.

Ayup.

It's a ricebowl issue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_rice_bowl

Yeah. What's our percentage of gov't vs private sector employment
now? 50/50, or closing, innit? sad sigh

But strangely enough, all hardware stores, plumbing houses, and electrical
suppliers will sell the parts to anyone with money.

Yes, thankfully.

And life goes on.

It's legal for the homeowner to do their own electrical, plumbing, and
even mold, asbestos, and lead work. The latter 3 require licensing and
permits, but anyone can qualify.

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.