Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Question for Plasma Cutter Users

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 00:12:36 -0500, wrote:

My 2500HD Chevy needs a gooseneck hitch. Unfortunately, there is a
heat shield that must be removed or a section cut out. Every shop I've
spoken with says the heat shield fasteners are installed with
something like Locktite and are almost impossible to remove.

When i did my gooseneck hitch, I removed the bed. There's only eight
bolts holding it on the frame.

Then I bolted in a serious plate between the frame rails and made the
ball hitch drop in a pocket. Then there was only a small hole in the
bed for the ball. made it real nice when using the pickup for
something else.

Karl