Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Nearly on topic, attaching Buna-N rubber to polyurethane

On 9/11/2010 2:29 PM, DanG wrote:
77 is what I had in mind, though the product produced by/for
TrimTex 847 is more aggressive and works better in some
applications that I use.

http://trim-tex.com/products/installation.php

My local suppliers only handle the 3M 77, so I never bothered to
think there were alternatives. I would point out that even at the
3M site, the standard answer for spray adhesive is the 77:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...3m.com/Super77

I did wander around though and found 99. I will need to get some
of this one to try:
http://www.shop3m.com/62494249709.ht...Spray-Adhesive
but at $21/can, I will use sparingly.

It's useful to know the different ones and what they do--I've got a
couple of cans (I forget the numbers and don't have them ready to hand)
that are roughly equivalent in adhesion to the adhesive on Scotch Tape
and on Postit notes respectively--both nice when I want to stick
something down and get it loose again, depending on how firmly I want it
stuck.