Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Where to buy French/Belgian mains sockets?

JTM wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
Where can I buy reasonably priced French/Belgian mains
sockets? I'm looking for surface mounting 4-way (i.e. 4
sockets in a row) but almost anything would be useful.

I can find reasonably priced Schuko sockets but not the
proper French/Belgian ones with the protruding earth pin.

In Belgium the prices are totally OTT, like 20 euros for
a single socket.

http://www.pointp.fr/catal/jsp/CataS...R229&id_page=1
has a selection of 'backboxes' including a couple of doubles
and a triple for mounting vertically or horizontally and

http://www.eco-bricolage.com/apparei...d,fr,3,145.cfm
has the 2P+T sockets on offer at the moment - less than 3
euro I think.

Not less than three Euros, 4.75 for single socket, still cheaper than
I can find in Belgium though.

Most of the brico's will have a choice of 'boite
encastrament' (backs) and sockets, but I can't recall seeing anything
larger than a triple. Note that some of the popular sockets such as
legrand might be too big for multiple mounting.

Thanks for the pointers, I'll maybe take a look in France on my way
home on Monday.

--
Chris Green