Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default ANSI reference designators - ANSI reference designators.pdf

"John Larkin" wrote in
message ...
I've designed a bit of audio, enough to know that the audio biz is
populated mostly by idiots. And enough to know that it doesn't pay
very well.

Typical conversation on an audio forum:

OP: (Some inane 'design' pieced together from disparate sources)

Smart person: "That sucks, try it this way"

Everyone else: "omgz0rz! u n00b! everyone does it this way!"

Smart person: "So? Then they're all wrong."

Everyone else: "They can't all be wrong! It works because we believe it
works! Facts have no place in audio!!!"

Smart person: "..."

Honestly, some people believe Sharpie markers on the edges of CDs make a
difference. Actually, I forget if they're Sharpie specifically, or if it
only "works" with some other brand. Anyway, if that doesn't sum up
"audio" for you, maybe you're already one of them...

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.