Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Non-Stick Surface On Steam Irons

"Smitty Two" wrote

My email is munged. But apparently I misunderstood this: "I, and others
in the same industry, have looked for a better method for decades." It
seems that you're actually quite happy with what you have.

We're always looking for something better, but have not found it. There are
more durable industrial irons, but they are too small to be effective for
what we do. The only problem we have is if someone drops and iron, it is
usually broke beyond simple repair. 20 years ago I used to pay $25+ for
one, now they are down to about $13. WalMart/China scenario.