Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Last lightbulb factory closes - sniff

"h" wrote in message

"Robert Neville" wrote in message
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Over the years, they've improved
them considerably

Huh? Incandescents always sucked. I was SO happy to be rid of them years
ago. CFLs cost less to operate, they don't give off ridiculous heat (those
of us without AC LOVE that), and they last 5 years, so they are MUCH
cheaper than the old, crappy bulbs which lasted a month or two. What are
you all bitching about?

Maybe they do suck, but the original CFLs sucked even more. The green cast
light was horrid to be in. I'd pay a premium for anything over the original
CFL. They may be good for lighting you vomit collection though.