Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Hey Don, CZ75 Compact .40 SW

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:06:46 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:10:13 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:37:43 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Doing a bit more research on a new carry gun had me finding this.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun...s/cz75_091305/

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-compact/

I can find a regular CZ-75 near me using Davidson's Gun Genie but not
the
compact at this
time. I remember you talking about it and the most recent proarms pod
cast had a serious
shooter using a cz-75 in matches. I think he is shooting a 9, I of
course
want a .40
which is almost as ubiquitous as far as ammo. With the option of hammer
down or cocked
and locked could shoot it in two different IDPA classes.

This is worth a drive up to Petosky, MI Saturday to look at the standard
model and see
when that dealer will have a compact. If I like the standard CZ-75 I'll
put down a
deposit on the compact.

Funny you should mention that just now. Got the club newsletter
today. A member has a CZ-75 in .40 for sale (to members only) for
$500 with an extra Bar-Sto barrel in .357 sig and a bunch of
magazines. It did pique my interest, but while I certainly do enjoy my
handguns I don't need yet another.

In your case, what's not to like about a drive up to Petosky on a
lovely autumn day, right?

You mistyped: "I don't need yet another." I'm sure you meant: "I don't
need another yet." ...but, soon!

(Do you remember the brand name of the trigger kit for your SA XD-40?
Somebody asked my and I can't remember.)

This is the guy

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net...sc?productId=3

but I think the design has changed, probably for the better.
The price is higher than I remember, and it looks like more parts.

Thanks, is sure is different. I still like the trigger I have but the grip
safety is now unreliable.

Not good! The grip safety was a significant factor in my choice of
XD over Glock in a .40 for HD. Do you think there's any correllation
between your grip safety issue and the trigger mod?

I never did do the trigger mod on my .40. I bought the kit, but after
doing some CQB training with that pistol and being quite satisfied
(surprised, actually) with my performance, I decided that the stock
trigger suffices nicely for me for its intended mission. I have other
handguns for punching paper precisely during gunsmoke socials.