Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default painting galvanized flashing

On Sep 10, 5:35*pm, Heathcliff wrote:
The roofers did a nice job and the new roof looks fine except for one
thing: the galvanized valley flashing kinda sticks out visually. *I'd
like to paint it to blend in better if not actually match the
shingles. *The shingles are a light grayish brown, "driftwood" or some
such, the flashing is shiny silver. *So, what's the best way to paint
them. *Special preparation required? *Best kind of primer and paint?
Have you done this successfully? *-- H

Are you sure it's galvanized and not mill finish aluminum? Not sure
where you are, but around here there is essentially no such thing as a
galvanized valley. Standard is aluminum for the budget minded, and
copper for those with some spare dough.

In any event, I'd think painting a valley and having it last would be
problematic. Factories use a baked on finish, and you can't replicate
that at, or on, your home.