Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default San Bruno go boom!

DGDevin wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

- People laugh at me when I say Nat. Gas is *not* safe and should not be
allowed in residential areas,

With good reason. I've lived in areas with natural gas heat for over half a
century and seen damn few accidents, and many of those were caused by morons
who didn't heed the Call Before You Dig warnings or who couldn't be trusted
to light a water heater according to the simple instructions stuck to the
side.

yet nearly every day there is a house
explosion due to a nat. gas leak,

Documentation please.

Just do some searching on your favorite news site (CNN.com, local TV
station sites, newspapers, etc.) for "explosion" and then filter out the
few explosions that were not due to nat. gas. Don't search on "gas
explosion" since often the story title is "house explosion" "business
explosion" or the like and you have to read the story to find that it
was a gas leak that caused it. You will find thousands of reports from
across the country. Many are without fatalities due to folks at work,
got out in time, etc., but plenty of fatalities as well, and of course
the less frequent big ones like the CA explosion or one I recall in the
northeast that leveled and apartment building.