Posted to rec.woodworking

Default "Cheap" paint

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:19:44 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 9/10/10 9:59 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Sep 10, 9:52 am, "J. wrote:
Did a price comparison on paint this week for some cabinets in the garage.

MagnaMax from the local real paint store 30 bucks a gallon.

Crap from Home Despot or Sears, 30 bucks a gallon.

Well, that decision was easy.

Add a few bucks and go for Aura by Benjamin Moore. Goes further,
doesn't need primer, two coats and Bob's your uncle. An absolute treat
to work with. Maybe a bit of overkill for garage cabs.

The extra coverage almost makes up for the price—too close to matter.

Last time I bought "good" paint from Sherwin Williams, the store manager
suggested Penetrol Paint Conditioner. The stuff is amazing... I'll never
paint (w/good or bad paint) without it again.

You like your paint to flow, do you? Yeah, good stuff.

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.