Posted to rec.woodworking
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Freeman Pinner from Woodcraft

"J. Clarke" wrote:

On 9/8/2010 6:13 PM, Douglas Johnson wrote:
The current flyer has a Freeman pin nailer for sale for $39.99. I wouldn't mind
having a pin nailer, but would only use it occasionally, so $39.99 is
attractive. Does anyone have one? Is it an adequate tool?

Harbor Fright's every day price is about half that and theirs works
fine. Its one big shortcoming is that it doesn't have a non-marring tip
and the Freeman doesn't either.

Thanks, everyone. I won't jump on the Woodcraft deal. The next time I need a
pin nailer for light duty, I'll try the HF one. What's to lose?

I'm actually kind of surprised by how useful some of the HF tools can be. I've
bought a number of them for one project use. The ones I've bought were
adequate. Not fancy, not durable, not pro grade, but they got the job done
without fuss.

-- Doug