Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default More on light bulbs ...

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
Huge wrote:
On 2010-09-07, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
David Hansen wrote:

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:58:53 +0100 someone who may be "Arfa Daily"
wrote this:-

There's money to be made for sure, as so many people still hate CFLs.
A loud but small group claim they hate CFLs, the silent majority get
on fine with them.

A "majority" *so* silent in fact, as to be completely invisible.
Mainly
because they're inside your head.

I agree. I had hoped to use them in places where they might be
appropriate, but have foud them to be expensive and unreliable, and
certainly with early ones, very slow to start and very poor light output.

They are somewhat better these days, but they are still crap compared
to almost anything else.

And, in terms of green issues, almost completely irrelevant.

In terms of my personal green fooprint, when I look at what has REALLY
made a difference..

- Not having kids.
- developing and using the internet.
- buying good stuff seldom.
- Not buying stuff at all.
- insulating the house.
- not taking foreign holidays.

Lightbulbs simply don't feature at all.

So not taking foreign holidays includes Bangkok then ...

--
geoff