Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default The good ole days?

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 22:03:19 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Still have an original Apple Laserwriter (Mark I), which worked last
time I used it, but that was probably about 7 years ago. These were
based on a Canon laser printer engine, but with the control board
replaced with an MC68000 one produced by or for Apple, with the printer
firmware rewritten in fourth/postscript. Main problem is it only has 1MB
memory, which isn't upgradable*, and not many apps nowadays produce
Postscript programs which can run in 1MB memory anymore.

They had the NVRAM with a limit of about 4000 write cycles. I had one for
a long time but didn't use it much as I was given my first LJ4, which
needed a new fuser bulb and that was all.

I think I just scrapped the LW in the end.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org