Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken[_6_] Ken[_6_] is offline

Default Plasma TV foggy area (update)

Michael Kennedy wrote:
Well I got the TV and the front glass wasn't very difficult to remove.

The first thing I noticed was a brown residue on the inside of the all
along the top vents and similar colored dust bunnies inside. I couldn't find
any source for this.. It didn't seem to be coming from any components. I see
no evidence of it on any of the components.

When I removed the glass it was coated in this same brown residue. Even the
apparently clear parts were quite dirty. I spent more time cleaning the
glass than actually taking the glass out.

Anyhow the only thing I can guess is that there is something that was
brining off the actual plasma screen and the smoke residue covered
everything else. I cant understand how else the residue would have gotten
between the glass and the display.

It has a very nice picture now and the speakers sound very good. Bass and
treble My only complaint is the pwr relays seem to be a bit noisy.

- Mike

So the glass you removed was not adhered to the plasma screen in any
way?? I guess it was simply protection for the screen?