Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default OT Washing Powder for thoes with sensitive skin

In message , Mick.
writes
Hi all,
I expect this os OT but this seemed the best place for sencible
answers.
I have just been advised that becouse of a skind condition that I should use
a special washing powder for sensitive skin.

I have bought some from Boots, but have also been told that " Soap Nut
Shells" are even better, but could not get any in any of the supermarkets!
Has anyone tried them before I buy some online?

Soap nuts do produce soap (of sorts - saponin which will lather up a bit
in water), but friend of mine used some in their washing and I was not
that impressed.

Others have recommended non-bio and extra rinses etc.

It does of course depend in part in what you are sensitive to in the
powder. We use the basic Ecover washing powder which has less
unnecessary added stuff, no bleaches, optical whiteners, perfumes etc.
Note this si not the one now sold in Supermarkets - this is an
'integrated ' one as they call it with the above added.

They still sell the basic powder, but you might need to hunt around for
it - try a local wholefood shop? or online. We buy 10 kg sacks from a
wholesalers (Suma) as part of buying group.

--
Chris French