Posted to alt.home.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Why Insulation is a Good Investment

Bob F wrote:
Sjouke Burry wrote:
...... wrote:
Why Insulation is a Good Investment

Investing in products to make homes more energy efficient pays
significant dividends over a lifetime — with none of the wild
fluctuations of Wall Street. Insulation contributes to:

- Greater comfort
- Even temperature distribution
- Improved acoustics
- Better moisture control, which can reduce floor squeaks, drywall
cracks,

cut
Hmm, in my country there are lots of problems with insulated
houses, mostly in the new ones.
People get what they call the office syndrome, coming from
fungi and bacteria loving those nice ventilation systems that
cant be cleaned inside,and all the dead spaces without ventilation.
Some new houses are without windows you can open, because that
interferes with those modern ventilation systems.
Also problems with too low or too high moisture, stuffy
atmosphere, and other ailments which have no simple cause.

So your statements seem to me a bit optimistic.
In my (old, 1935) house the double glazing was the best thing
in comfort improvement(and it saves me money .
But I have not started to hunt for small leaks, they make sure
that the atmosphere stays healthy.
house

You'd have to be REALLY good, or really bad at insulation and sealing to cause
problems on a 1935 house.

Yabbut, its so much nicer to live in.
I hate the new ones, hundreds of houses
all the same, you have to count houses and
streets to find yours.
Besides, all houses here are double walled brick,
(almost)no single/halve brick or wooden walls here.(NL)