Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I'm in the wrong business (bedbugs)

"h" wrote in message

Umm, the COMMERCIALS for "get rid of bedbugs" are back, but I see no
evidence that bedbugs are. If you keep yourself and your house and your
bedding clean, no worries.

That helps, but does not guarantee no infestation. I just had a
conversation with an exterminator today doing some termite work at our shop.

Bedbugs are most often moved from a hotel to a house in the clothes you had
at the place., but that is not the only way. They get into handbags, for
instance, and Mrs. B goes to the movies this afternoon. She puts her
handbag on the seat next to her and enjoys the matinee. Later that day, you
go to the movies and sit in that same seat. You bring home the guests.

Similar situation in churches with close quarters people sitting next to
each other. Coat rooms, sharing gym lockers etc makes you vulnerable.

Like you, I've not seen any evidence close up, but the infestations are
growing according to the exterminator. Price of a hotel room is no
indicator of bugs (or not). They also did a shelter for battered woman.
One of the workers did not want to spend the money to have all rooms done.
They found bugs in her handbag and house so she called later to have them
all done.