Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Roofing felt

On 9/8/2010 12:43 PM, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 00:09:19 -0400, Tony wrote:
The company I bought my steel roof from told me that if there is
sheathing on the roof, then it needs felt. The felt is needed to
prevent any condensation causing any problems. If you do it *barn*
style with no sheathing, then no felt is needed since it will have
adequate ventilation. (that would be one hell of a pain in the ass if
it was needed!)

I think I'll probably end up doing my barn roof with it, then shingles
with the best warranty I can get - it gets some serious wind up the top
there, even when it's calm down below (it's around 40' to the ridge
line). Yes, it'll be a pain in the butt, but no worse than doing the
shingles themselves.

cheers

Jules

A big, high, but simple roof like that, I would strongly consider
skinning in steel panels. That is the application they were invented
for. Don't wanna do it more than once, do you?

--
aem sends...