Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help from military/WW2 types

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 17:46:32 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
Dad's medals came yesterday. Finally. Here's a link to their picture.
On the Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal and lapel pin, there are four small
bronze stars. On the Rifleman, there are two. What do these medals, and
particularly the little bronze stars signify?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

TIA

Steve

My dad was a WAC recruiter in CO, we still can't figure out how he was
awarded a Purple Heart.

I think he got the purple dong first, then the heart.

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.