Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Smelly toilet

On Sep 7, 1:07*pm, Joe wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:22*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

snip
One of my toilets is a fancy elongated model which fills the bowl in
kind of a "sheeting" action from a rim that is very narrow and extends
about 4" down into the bowl.

It is very, very difficult to keep the area under the rim clean and
the toilet has to be cleaned more often than our other toilet to keep
it from smelling. In fact, you can't even see up into the rim area
where water comes out which makes it impossible to get a cleaning
brush or anything else all the way up under the rim.

After putting up with it for a few years, I am now under orders from
SWMBO to replace it with a "standard toilet". As much as I hate to
toss an *almost* perfectly good toilet, I have to admit that it really
is a pain and it's beginning to smell sooner and sooner after each
cleaning.

Your problem toilet is not a Kohler or Toto is it?

Joe

Universal-Rundle as seen here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xn9lXYtgUk