Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Piloted valve problem

On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 07:49:02 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 20:01:55 -0500, Ignoramus6489

On 2010-09-07, dan wrote:
What's that Lassie? You say that Ignoramus6489 fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Mon, 06 Sep 2010 10:47:52 -0500:

Is there anyone here who has some experience with sub-base mounted
pneumatic valves?

The valve that controls the speed adjustment motor is not working
quite right.

I know the follownig.

1. It is a sub-base mounted valve with 5 ports.
2. It has two soleniods.
3. When air is applied directly to the speed control motor, without
the valve, the motor works great.
Check the exhaust ports. If they have those sintered metal mufflers,
they may be plugged.

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that you may have hit the nail on the
head! This very possibly is "it"!

I didnt think of this, because most machine shops now days use either
screw compressors and dryers, or dryers alone..and you dont have a
dryer, do you?

Pick one up at an auction. Doesnt need to be a big one. One the size of
a bread box will do you just fine. Get a 110vt one.

Gunner

If they still have it, the Harbor Freight refrigerated air dryer is an
exceptionally good deal.

HF has a dryer??? Really? No ****? Ill have to check it out!

Thanks!

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)