Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Lyford Glenn Lyford is offline

Default Had to draw my pistol today

AsI went into the yard, a very old German Shepard came out barking and
showing it teeth. *So I walked the bicycle, but kept going toward the
house with the dog biting the front tire and the bike between me and
the dog. *The owner came out and took the newspaper and apologized for
the dog.

I knew a number of dogs growing up that you could greet and pat on the
head all day long...as long as you arrived on foot and not on a
bicycle or motorbike. There were several I can remember that just
flat out did not like bikes. If you dropped the bike on the grass,
they'd attack the bike and leave you alone. A few were smart enough
that if you talked to them as you rode up, they'd stop barking and
sort of go "oh, it's you..."
--Glenn Lyford