Posted to alt.home.repair
tim birr tim birr is offline

Default Dryer -- Too much LINT getting through to vent

On Sep 6, 6:20*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
There is a simple reason I forgot about before. At least in my
eighborhood. *---- * Snow.

OP again....Yeah with a ground level outlet for the vent, I thought
about snow, but my house eaves are pretty big and USUALLY don't get
much next to the house.

But, again, but even with the "cage" around the outlet, I'm thinking,
lizards, garter snakes, ants, and various other small critters that
would not be as likely to crawl up the wall, but might be more likely
to enter if it was closer to the ground.

Liked your "you tube" video link, and that led to several other links,
including the video of the LintEater gadget, which is probably, well,
I won't say anything, but I'm tempted to try it....

I think I'd probably get more use out of it for my downspouts than the
dryer, but who knows how it really works.