Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Incandescent garage bulb turns off immediately after being turned on

In article , h wrote:

"RBM" wrote in message

"Timur Tabi" wrote in message
I have a light fixture in my garage, and when I put a normal
incandescent light bulb in it, I cannot reliable turn the light on.

Is there anyone, anywhere still using incandescents? Try a cfl and let us
know if the problem is still happening.

Many are still using incandescents. Some don't like the slightly
different color rendering of CFLs, some don't like the light pattern with
some fixtures, some don't like the need of many CFLs to warm up, some don't
like the mercury, some had bad experiences, some are penny-smart
pound-foolish with the upfront price, and some would go against gubmint
and do-gooders telling them what kind of lightbulbs to use.

Personally, I use CFLs and I am happy with them.

Meanwhile, my experience with this symptom tells me that the problem is
a switch going bad, which changing to a CFL will not fix.
--
- Don Klipstein )