Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default ANSI reference designators - ANSI reference designators.pdf

On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 07:43:53 +0100, Eeyore
m wrote:

John Fields wrote:
On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 07:56:51 +0100, Eeyore
m wrote:

John Fields wrote: ANSI reference designators.pdf

Only for antiquated Americans of course.

---
Us???

Sure. ANSI = American National Standards Institute. For the USA only.

---
Nope, lots of folks use ANSI.
Especially if they want to sell us something that we want to have meet
a particular specification.

As for the list, someone asked for a list of schematic reference
designators, and I provided it.

If you don't like it, tough ****; post your own list.
---
Note AMERICAN. ANSI has no international validity.

The rest of the world uses INTERNATIONAL standards like IEC. Why do you
want to drag your feet against the tide ?

---
Why would you think we do and, since we're members of the IEC, what
makes you think that a lot of ANSI doesn't live in IEC standards?
---

Answer ? You can't ! No-one cares about a small population of 300m
people who insist on being irrelevant and backward.

---
Fine talk coming from the mouth of a citizen of a pipsqueak
third-world nanny state with a population of a paltry 61 million or so
sheep trying to call the shots for the rest of the world by hiding
behind the skirts of the Unites States of Europe.
---

As for UL Electrical Standards, they have no alternative but to adopt
IEC standards lest be locked out of the International market with silly
amendments such as adopting your AWG wire sizes instead of mm2.

---
You really don't know anything about UL, do you?
---

You really should have 'metricated' ( as you said you would years ago )
to save such nonsence.

---
Nonsense.

---