Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_11_] mike[_11_] is offline

Default Last Day! harbor freight cordless drill

Tony wrote:
http://www.harborfreight.com/18-volt...campaign=3510D

Does anyone own one of these? I'm curious how good or bad the batteries
are? Do they list an Amp Hour rating? I don't care much if the drill
is junk, just the batteries.

At that price I'm thinking of buying two and using the batteries to
rebuild my old Milwaukee battery packs and junk the rest?

The Milwaukee is a 12 volt "Power Plus" with 2 amp hour / 24 watt hour
batteries. It's probably close to 15 years old and still a great drill.

I tried the 9.6V version of the HF drill.
The drill seems ok, but the batteries are crap.
Not just weak, but REALLY weak, USELESS, CRAP.
Did I mention HORRIBLE!!!
YMMV