Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Knee Protectors

On 06/09/2010 12:36, John Rumm wrote:
On 06/09/2010 08:07, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 07:08:18 +0100, Lobster wrote:

But these days, in middle-age, the old knee-pads are an absolutely
essential

Middle age - spread ...

I bet you weigh a bit more now than you did in your 20's.

Only a tad... ;-)

But I agree it's the skin and area on the fron't of the knee that
really complains. The joints just get a bit stiff if I kneel for a
long time, without really moving the joint.

Yup, I find pads make any sort of activity that involves getting up and
down on your knees that much "easier" - i.e. you can just do it without
any real discomfort, whereas without there is a disincentive to do it,
even if you can't exactly explain what hurts / is uncomfortable!

They're great until the time you plonk yourself down on your knees with
the usual thud, only to realise too late that you've forgotten to strap
the bloody things on yet. Christ that hurts...!

David