Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Incandescent garage bulb turns off immediately after being turnedon

On 9/5/2010 7:28 PM, Gary H wrote:
On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 19:37:02 -0400, h wrote:

wrote in message

"Timur wrote in message

I have a light fixture in my garage, and when I put a normal
incandescent light bulb in it, I cannot reliable turn the light on.

Is there anyone, anywhere still using incandescents? Try a cfl and let
us know if the problem is still happening.

Can you use CFLs in your oven and freezer?

The heat from the oven would roast the electronics of the CFL. In
a refrigerator or walk-in cooler, the cold temps keep the light
dim at the start because it must warm up for full brightness.
The CFL lamps that work best in cold weather are the cold cathode
bulbs that use the same technology as the lights behind most LCD
computer and TV monitors.

http://www.expresslightbulbs.com/com...-c-31_196.html

http://preview.tinyurl.com/33k65yg

TDD