Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Knee Protectors

On 05/09/2010 22:17, John Whitworth wrote:
Now I know at least one reason for needing knee protectors.

What is it with knees and knee pads?

When I was in my 20s-30s I never possessed a pair; not sure if I was
even aware of their existence, and certainly had no issues about
kneeling for long periods without any knee-related aggro.

But these days, in middle-age, the old knee-pads are an absolutely
essential part of my d-i-y armamentarium. I can appreciate that as you
get older, bits of you are going to wear out and hurt a bit, but I don't
get how that works here. It seems to be the front of my knees (ie the
skin?) which hurts, rather than the joints (which is what you'd expect
to be causing grief) - and in any case, why would kneeling on something
soft prevent joint ache?

Just curious.