Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Knee Protectors

On Sep 6, 11:00 am, Tim Watts wrote:
Matty F wrote:

The knee protectors I was using last week were really uncomfortable
and kept slipping down.

I've pretty happy with Dickies trousers with the kneepad pockets. The pads
are replaceable foam and whilst not as good as gel pads do seem quite
comfortable. And they do away with the straps problem. Kinder to what you
are kneeing on than shell pads too - eg marmox, wood floors etc.

As for the trousers, I bought 2 pairs 2 years ago and despite heavy use
(concreting, tiling much on knees work) they are holding up. The only
problem is the zips are weak, or to be precise, the zip toggles fall off.

Despite that, they're the best work trousers I've found to date. Could do
with more leg pockets though (only one).

I seldom need kneepads, and have to look respectable in public. I
don't want to have to keep changing clothes. I'll invent something.
Trousers with knee pockets would be ideal except for the look of them.

I need kneepads to kneel on floors that have 20mm high battens nailed
on them every 50mm, while I'm poking my head down into a dark
inspection hatch trying to measure earth leakage without giving myself
a 1000 volt shock. I have an LED headlamp that works rather well,
otherwise I'd be trying to hold a torch as well.