Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default Incandescent garage bulb turns off immediately after being turned on

In ,
RBM typed:
"Timur Tabi" wrote in message
I have a light fixture in my garage, and when I put a
normal incandescent light bulb in it, I cannot reliable
turn the light on. That is, when I flick the switch to
"on", I can see the bulb turn on for a fraction of a
second and then turn off, and stay off. If I repeat this
process a few times, the light will eventually stay on for
a few seconds, but then turn off again. The fixture does not have a light
sensor in it, and it was
working reliably for years until recently. Can anyone
give me a clue as to what's going on?

Could be a bad switch, possibly a bad lamp socket

IMO switch or wires to the switch; unlikely switch vibratons could affect
the light fixture, which is apparently what's happening.

HTH,

Twayne`