Posted to alt.home.repair
tim birr tim birr is offline

Default Hand tools -- Store with Spring compressed -- or not?

I very seldom use "garden pruners," that's the wife's problem....

But, I was putting away a pair of expensive Swiss pruners that she
left on the picnic table this afternoon and I automatically "locked"
them in the closed position with the spring compressed.

But, I randomly wondered if that would significantly shorten the life
of the spring and if it would be better to store them with the the
"jaws open," or uncompressed.

Probably makes so little difference it's not worth considering, but
just one of those random thoughts that bug you at times.

Opinions?