Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_2_] The Medway Handyman[_2_] is offline

Default Knee Protectors

Matty F wrote:
On Sep 6, 9:17 am, "John Whitworth"
wrote:
Now I know at least one reason for needing knee protectors. Even
despite wearing a heavy pair of jeans, I've managed to take off a 2p
sized circle of skin on each knee yesterday, whilst crawling about
re-felting the summerhouse. Was using crawl boards for the most
part. Not had yukky weeping grazes like this since coming off my
bike as a kid!

The knee protectors I was using last week were really uncomfortable
and kept slipping down. The elastic around the back of the knee is
what hurt after a while. I suppose I'll have to design and make my
own, as usual with tools and equipment. My safety goggles fog up, and
ones that don't, let stuff fly into the gaps.

All of my overalls have built in knee pad pockets which use removeable
inserts similar to these
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/48595/...kies-Knee-Pads

They slip into a pocket in the overalls/bib & brace/trousers and you don't
know they are there until you kneel down. No straps & total comfort.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk