Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Knee Protectors

Matty F wrote:

On Sep 6, 9:17 am, "John Whitworth"
wrote:
Now I know at least one reason for needing knee protectors. Even despite
wearing a heavy pair of jeans, I've managed to take off a 2p sized circle
of skin on each knee yesterday, whilst crawling about re-felting the
summerhouse. Was using crawl boards for the most part. Not had yukky
weeping grazes like this since coming off my bike as a kid!

The knee protectors I was using last week were really uncomfortable
and kept slipping down. The elastic around the back of the knee is
what hurt after a while. I suppose I'll have to design and make my
own, as usual with tools and equipment. My safety goggles fog up, and
ones that don't, let stuff fly into the gaps.

I've pretty happy with Dickies trousers with the kneepad pockets. The pads
are replaceable foam and whilst not as good as gel pads do seem quite
comfortable. And they do away with the straps problem. Kinder to what you
are kneeing on than shell pads too - eg marmox, wood floors etc.

As for the trousers, I bought 2 pairs 2 years ago and despite heavy use
(concreting, tiling much on knees work) they are holding up. The only
problem is the zips are weak, or to be precise, the zip toggles fall off.

Despite that, they're the best work trousers I've found to date. Could do
with more leg pockets though (only one).

--
Tim Watts