Posted to sci.electronics.repair
electronic repair electronic repair is offline

Default Troubleshooting a dead Onkyo TX-SV727 Receiver - Pwr Supply Suspect

Hello,

I've tried searching this group and looking for relevant information
but nothing really related to the basic troubleshooting I'm doing for
my dead Onkyo TX-SV727 Receiver.

iBACKSTORY/i The electricity in my house is pretty janky and my
stereo may have been shorted out because of that. Basically, my wife
was listening to music when something happend and she saw the words
"Protect" come on the display.

bTROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TAKEN/b
I checked the speaker wires and they had no damage (so that didn't
short it out). I tried replacing the fuse with several different
ones.
The stereo came with a T 6,3A 125V Fuse, but I could not find that
specific one in any of the shops here in Portland. I've tried 6A at
125V and also 5A at 220V but they all blow within seconds.
I've also inspected the power supply and there are no obvious scorch
marks or soder marks that look shorted out.

Please help me figure out what to do next.

Thanks!