Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Score Card

"J. Clarke" wrote
One can argue that if the Congress is going to allocate funds for school
lunches then the Congress has an obligation to take reasonable measures to
ensure that that money is being spent wisely. If the use of hydrogenated
yak fat is wise spending then it should certainly not be
discouraged--whether it should be encouraged or not is another story.

This is the real problem with Federal support for social programs of all
kinds.

The real problem is that the Feds should not be in the schools anyway.

He may have rights, but in 98% of the cases, he is still a self centered
lobbyist.

So is the person who got the Congress into the education business in the
first place, but I don't notice you complaining about that.

See above. I did not get to it and I can easily make a list of things the
government should not be involved in.